Rated 9.2 out of 10 based on over 6364 reviews
What is the CompTIA A+ Certification Training course?
If you’re looking to start your career in IT or are considering a change of career into the IT arena, choosing the CompTIA A+ certification will help you gain the skills and knowledge required to support enterprise IT infrastructures.
You’ll also gain a solid base foundation of the most relevant technologies to date, which will enable you to confidently conduct required tasks to successfully maintain your organisation’s IT environment.
Gain your CompTIA Qualification. Enrol today!
Who is the course suitable for?
Is the CompTIA A+ Certification Training course right for me?
To enrol on this course, you should have at least six months of on-the-job experience with PC configuration and troubleshooting. This means that you’ll likely come from an IT background and currently be working as part of an IT team with a focus on troubleshooting and configuration, or you may be in a helpdesk role.
If you’re looking to move into another IT role or are working through CompTIA qualifications, this course would also suit your needs.
Why Choose e-Careers?
e-Careers has partnered with The Learning Tree, to offer a range of courses, delivered via high-tech classrooms or virtual learning, depending on your requirement.
We are an award-winning, established eLearning course provider, with over 16 years’ experience in the industry. We offer high-quality training courses at competitive prices.
e-Careers were originally an online learning organisation but over time we’ve established additional learning methods, to provide our delegates with a variety of study options, including:
• Bespoke training
• Classroom-based training
• On-site training
• LiveOnline (virtual learning)
Our classroom training centre is in London, Euston, conveniently located directly opposite Euston station, making transport and accessibility easier.
Our clean, high-tech classrooms provide a comfortable learning environment for our delegates, and we pride ourselves on providing a first-class training experience. You’ll notice this from your first steps in our London training centre, right through to your last day on the course, helping you to feel welcomed and comfortable.
Each classroom has been designed to perfectly suit the courses being offered. For example, our Cyber Security classrooms come kitted out with a range of high specification PC’s (typically i7’s), with monitors for you to work through the practical assignments and an additional vertical screen to view your digital course materials.
Your instructor will use cutting-edge technology to ensure a high-quality learning experience for all delegates, including the latest annotation hardware and software.
Alternatives to Classroom-based study
We understand that not every delegate has the same date availability or can’t make it to London, so we have created a range of suitable alternatives, including:
• LiveOnline – This is our virtual classroom option. Be a fully participating and integrated member of the classroom but from the comfort of your own home or office. We supply you with a headset (to enable you to speak with the class and course instructor), course materials and everything you need to fully participate with the class.
• eLearning – This is our Online/ Distance learning option. If a classroom or LiveOnline option are unsuitable for your requirements, we do offer a full online course option, where you can study at your own pace and in your own time.
What will I learn on this course?
Throughout this course you’ll gain the necessary skills to install, configure, and optimise personal computer hardware, and their operating systems. You’ll also prepare to take and pass the CompTIA A+ Core 1 and 2 exams, which are required for your CompTIA A+ Certification.
You’ll learn how to apply tools and troubleshooting techniques for PC’s and Laptops and evaluate Windows configuration and upgrading options.
Module 1 – Hardware
• Motherboard Components
• RAM Types and features
• Power supplies, and more
Module 2 – Networking
• Network cables and connectors
• TCP/IP Characteristics
• Network Architecture Devices, and more
Module 3 – Mobile Devices
• Laptop hardware and components
• Mobile Devices
Module 4 – Hardware and Network troubleshooting
• Common MOBO, RAM, CPU and Power issues
• Troubleshooting Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
• Troubleshooting Printers, and more
Module 5 – Windows operating systems
• Features of Windows
• Installing Windows
• Microsoft Command Prompt
• Windows Tools, and more
Module 6 – Other operating systems & technologies
• Mac OS and Linux features
• Client-side virtualisation
• Basic Cloud concepts
• Networked Host services, and more
Module 7 – Security
• Threats and vulnerabilities
• Common prevention methods
• Windows security settings
• Workstation security, and more
Module 8 – Software troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot PC Operating systems
• Troubleshoot PC security issues
• Common mobile OS security issues
Module 9 – Operational procedures
• Safety procedures