What are the MS Excel online course modules?
This package is made up of three courses:
MS Excel 2016: Introduction
- Follow 34 lessons totally approx 17 study hours.
- Familiarise yourself with MS Excel 2016, its documents and controls.
- Learn to create tables step by step.
- Find out how to enter values correctly into the cells.
- Learn how to set up cell formatting, including conditional formatting.
- Study the manipulation of each cell and cell range.
- Learn to work with worksheets and entire files.
- Discover how to create a chart.
- Learn to create calculations using basic arithmetic formulas.
MS Excel 2016: Intermediate
- Follow 35 lessons totally approx 18 study hours.
- Follow interactive lessons focused mainly on performing calculations.
- Broaden your basic knowledge by the application of logical and text functions.
- Understand the principles of referencing to the values in other cells.
- Learn to fill cells with series of data.
- Familiarise yourself with the advanced options of sorting and filtering data.
- Study searching for specific values in extensive tables.
- Examine how to split longer text entries in tables into individual data placed into several columns.
MS Excel 2016: Advanced
- Follow 29 lessons totally approx 15 study hours.
- Focus on the creation of charts and automation of the work in the program using macros.
- Also examine the insertion of various graphical elements into worksheets i.e. shapes or SmartArt graphics.
- Learn to prepare a table or entire worksheet before printing.
- Familiarise yourself with the options of protecting and sharing the workbook content.
- Look at the usage of macros, including their creation, editing and the options of macro security.
What does the MS Excel 2016 course cover?
This official Microsoft exam could include questions based on the following topics:
- Creation of worksheets and workbooks - including importing data from a delimited text file, adding worksheets to existing workbooks, and copying or moving a worksheet.
- Navigating around worksheets and workbooks - this could look at searching for data in a workbook, navigating to specific cells, range or a workbook element, or inserting and removing hyperlinks.
- Formatting topics - renaming a worksheet, changing tab colours, modifying page setups or worksheet orders, or inserting and deleting columns/rows. You may also be tested on workbook themes and how to change them, altering the height or width of rows and columns, and inserting headers and footers into a worksheet
- Different customisation and view options - this could be hiding or un-hiding columns and rows, customising the popular quick access toolbar, or modifying document properties. Other topics could focus on changing workbook and window views, different uses of the zoom tool, and display formulas.
- Configuration of worksheets and workbooks - this topic is all about setting up spreadsheets for distribution, so may include setting print areas and scaling, saving workbooks in alternative file formats and inspecting workbooks for accessibility or compatibility issues.
- Managing data cells and ranges - could test you on replacing data, special paste options for data, using Auto Fill, and deleting cells.
- Formatting cells and organising data - testing your knowledge on topics such as modifying cell alignment, using format painter, and applying number formats and cell styles. Also look out for inserting spark lines and outline data, and applying conditional formatting.
- Creating tables - you could be examined on creating Excel tables from cell ranges, inserting or removing rows or columns, filtering records, and removing duplicate records.
- Performing tasks using formulas and functions - this could include performing calculations using the SUM, COUNT or AVERAGE functions, performing logical operations using IF, SUMIF, or COUNTIF functions, and formatting text using a variety of tools.
- Creating charts and objects. Become familiar with creating charts, adding additional data, switching between elements in the source data, and analysing data using Quick Analysis. You may also be tested on formatting charts and their elements, applying layouts and styles, or inserting and formatting objects.