What are the Official CompTIA A+ online course modules?
The computer technician training course comprises of two courses and an exam.
- Hardware Fundamentals
- Operating System Fundamentals
- Networking and Security Fundamentals
- Safety and Operational Procedures
- Supporting Display Devices
- Installing and Configuring Peripheral Components
- Managing System Components
- Managing Data Storage
- Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows
- Optimizing and Maintaining Microsoft Windows
- Working With Other Operating Systems
- Customized Client Environments
- Networking Technologies
- Installing and Configuring Networking Capabilities
- Supporting Mobile Digital Devices
- Supporting Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Controls
- Implementing Security Controls
- Troubleshooting System-Wide Issues
What does the Official CompTIA A+ online course cover?
The first course is the 220-901 course focuses on:
- Learning the fundamentals of motherboards, including their components, looking at the characteristics of memory, processors, and cooling systems.
- Looking at the functions and characteristics of storage devices and power supplies.
- Examining peripherals and expansion, including how to install and configure expansion cards, identifying features of connectors and cables, and looking at input and output devices.
- Gaining an understanding of display devices, including types and settings, video standards, and technologies.
- Looking into custom configurations, with topics such as gaming and home theatre PCs, home server PCs, and graphic CAD/CAM Design workstations.
- Getting to grips with networking fundamentals and identifying common network hardware.
- Introduction to TCP/IP.
- Furthering your understanding of wireless networking and how to install and configure SOHO Networks.
- Looking in to laptop architecture and how to take apart and reassemble laptops.
- Gaining an understanding of mobile devices and their hardware.
- Focusing on print technology and imaging processes, including installing and configuring printers, and upgrading/maintaining products.
- Lastly drilling into the fundamentals of network troubleshooting and hardware issues, including core hardware issues and troubleshooting for mobile devices and printers.
The 220-902 course focuses on:
- Gaining an understanding of basic operating systems and going virtual.
- Learning how to administer operating systems, including using various administrative tools and disk management.
- Getting to grips with Windows 8/8.1, and look at installing and boot methods.
- Working with Windows 7 and learning its boot sequences, features, admin tools, control panel utilities, and more.
- Examining networking and performance and optimisation topics with Windows 7.
- Getting to grips with Windows Vista, including its installation and boot sequences, features and admin tools, stand-out utilities, networking, and system performance.
- Looking into working with Mac OS and Linux. Topics cover best practice, tools, various features, and basic Linux commands.
- Understanding common security threats and prevention methods, best practice for workstation security, and how to work with Windows OS security settings.
- Looking into mobile device security, securing wired and wireless SOHO networks, and different destruction and disposal methods.
- Examining various networking, cloud computing and virtualisation services.
- Considering mobile operating systems, including network connections, email, and mobile device synchronisation.
- Gaining an understanding of troubleshooting theory and how to troubleshoot operating systems, security and mobile issues, and mobile security issues.
- Learning about operational procedures, which include safety procedures, environmental controls, policies, licensing, privacy, and demonstrating professionalism.
Official CompTIA A+ Exams
This great-value online package contains all the objectives of the nine domains that are covered in A+ exams 220-901 and 220-902. Exams are also included for full certification.