PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Bonus Package
Become an expert PRINCE2® certified project manager with the Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package. This low-cost package contains courseware for both Foundation and Practitioner level exams, helping students quickly become subject experts in the PRINCE2® project management methodology.
As a bonus this package also includes the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification exam, allowing learners to earn their certification before they complete the Practitioner modules.
This course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need to extend their existing skills or to master the PRINCE2® methodology at a more detailed level.
- Project managers who need to formalise their previous experience and earn both the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
- Project team members who want to better understand the PRINCE2® framework, its application and their role within the processes.
- Consultants and contractors who will be working with organisations that use the PRINCE2® framework to manage projects.
- Individuals needing to cross-train for a new role in project management and who want an industry-recognised qualification as proof of their abilities.
- Project professionals who need to earn the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification as quickly as possible – usually in as little as three weeks.
Covering every aspect of project management, PRINCE2® is designed to help organisations unify and simplify high-level management, control and organisation of a project using a single, effective framework. PRINCE2® is particularly popular with enterprise-class businesses and public sector bodies who often have extremely large projects with multiple deliverables to manage.
By the end of this course students should be fully prepared to sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level PRINCE2® qualifications. The Foundation exam is included in this bundle, allowing learners to earn their certification immediately.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and interactive self-study manuals, the Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package delivers 12 modules of in-depth training via our online learning platform. The platform is available 24x7, allowing students to access materials whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
Key Learning Points
Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package is designed for project managers of all skill levels, from absolute beginner to those with several years of practical experience. As such, the course is divided into two halves, covering the basics in the Foundation modules, and more advanced topics in the Practitioner section.
Students taking advantage of this package are free to sit the PRINCE2® Foundation exam as soon as they have completed the Foundation-level content.
Once students have a basic understanding of PRINCE2®, focus then shifts to:
- Mastering the 7 Principles, Themes and Processes that make up the PRINCE2® framework.
- The Start Up (SU) process and associated activities that need to be started and completed to initiate a project.
- Using the Initiating a Project (IP) process to capture the information needed to govern the rest of the project.
- Controlling a Stage (CS) to help manage each stage of the project and the transitions between them.
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) that helps to ensure deliverables are completed on time to the standards agreed with customers/stakeholders.
- Directing a Project (DP) underpins the seven PRINCE2® principles by ensuring that responsibilities are properly delegated and assessments are completed accurately and on time.
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) to produce progress reports, obtain sign off and create a lessons report to inform future stages and projects.
- Closing a Project (CP) during which final sign-off is sought from the previously identified stakeholders, an end project report is written and the benefits of the project are properly reviewed to determine value.
Having mastered the seven PRINCE2® principles, course focus then shifts to the seven themes associated with the methodology:
- The Organisation theme that helps define roles and responsibilities for the project board and appoints the project management team.
- The Business Case theme that clarifies expected outputs, outcomes and expected benefits, and how they will each be achieved.
- The Risk theme which seeks to identify and manage risks that could affect project success or timescales.
- The Plans theme which defines projects stages, scheduling, resources and financing to ensure everything is in place to allow the project to keep moving forwards.
- The Quality theme which is used to define customer expectations of quality and how those standards will be met.
- The Change theme that is used to control issues and changes during the project and to prevent scope creep or unplanned changes.
- The Progress theme that helps ensure the project continues moving forward through each stage to final delivery and sign off.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the course students can sit Foundation and Practitioner exam simulators that will clearly indicate their readiness for the official exam. Students confident that they have attained the requisite level of knowledge can go straight ahead and sit the full exam and earn their qualification immediately.
This bundle also ensures that students have mastered the advanced PRINCE2® Practitioner concepts, readying them for senior project management roles.
Learners who complete the Certified PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner with Foundation Exam package will benefit from:
- Foundational and advanced understanding of the PRINCE2® methodology, readying them for the associated exams.
- The ability to lead and deliver a successful project that is managed using PRINCE2® themes and principles.
- Improved performance of PRINCE2® project management teams.
- The opportunity to earn a world-famous project management qualification.
- Improved employment prospects as the holder of one of the most prestigious project management qualifications available.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examinations are available in the following languages:
- Brazilian (Portuguese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
The PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package course is an essential step towards PRINCE2® Practitioner status. This course is also a cost-effective choice for would-be project managers who want to study the Foundation and Practitioner level materials concurrently and to sit the bundled Foundation certification exam.
Upon completion project management courses you can apply to gain your PDU points.
All PRINCE2® eLearning are offered through PRINCE2® ATO (Accredited Training Organisation) SPOCE Project Management Ltd.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
What content does the e-Learning cover?
Getting Started What is a project?
Projects vs Programmes; What is Project Management?
Reasons why Projects Fail; Addressing Project Failure.
Introduction to PRINCE2®
Structure; The 7 Principles, Themes and Processes.
Processes SU and IP
Starting Up a Project (SU) Activities and Management Products including the Daily Log, Lessons Log, Project Brief, Project Product Description and Outline Business Case.
Initiating a Project (IP) Activities and Management Products including the Management Strategies, Business Case, Product Descriptions, Risk, Issue and Quality Registers and the PID.
Processes CS and MP
Controlling a Stage (CS) Activities and Management Products including the Issue Report, Checkpoint Report, Plans, Product Descriptions, Configuration Item Record, Product Status Account, Lessons Log, Highlight Report and Work Packages.
Managing Product Delivery (MP) Activities and Management Products including the Work Package, Checkpoint Reports, Quality Register and Team Plan.
Processes DP, SB and CP
The objectives and context of the Directing a Project (DP) process; How the DP process supports the seven PRINCE2® principles; The responsibilities within the activities of the DP process; The activities within the DP process including End Stage Assessments and Exception Assessments.
Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) Activities and Management Products including Stage Plan, End Stage Report, Exception Plan, Product Status Account, Lessons Report.
Closing a Project (CP) Activities and Management Products including End Project Report, Lessons Report, Benefits Review Plan.
Organisation Structure, Roles and Responsibilities for Project Board, Project Assurance, Change Authority, Project Manager, Team Manager, Project Support
Business Case Theme
Outputs, Outcomes and Benefits; Types of Business Case; Benefits Review Plan; Links with the processes.
Risk Management Strategy; Risk Register, Appetite and Tolerances; Risk Responses; Risk Management; Risk Budget. Links with the processes.
Project, Stage and Team Plans; Product Based Planning; Estimating; Scheduling; Links with the processes.
Customer Quality Expectations and Acceptance Criteria, Quality Management Strategy; Quality Audit Trail; Project Assurance vs Quality Assurance; Quality Control, Links with the processes.
Issue and Change Control Procedure; Types of Issues; Change Budget; Change Authority; Configuration Management Strategy.
Tolerances and Delegating Authority; Management Stages; Project Controls; Event-based and Time-based controls; Reviewing and Reporting Progress, Escalating Issues and Exceptions.
Hints and tips on exam approach; Style of questions; Full Foundation and Practitioner exam simulation with references to the PRINCE2®Manual and interactive adaptive reasoning feedback.
This Course has a PDU (Professional Development Units) Value of 30.
Outline of the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements.
Category B – Continuing Education offered by a University/college/training organisation not registered with PMI Category C – Self-Directed Learning
How long do PDUs last?
To maintain your qualification, you will need to claim your PDUs in the three-year cycle in which they were earned.
What proof might PMI need of my PDUs?
PMI spot-check entries for their CCRS program and so may check that you are eligible for the PDUs claimed. PMI may check up to 18 months after the end of your CCRS cycle. You should retain the following as proof of your course attendance: Course Brochure/Outline, Registration/Joins letter, Certifications earned, Training Organisation details and Trainer qualifications.
How many PDUs do I need?
Depending on the PMI qualification you are supporting, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP and PMI-SP require 30 PDUs. PMP has a limitation in that only 30 PDUS per cycle may be claimed for Self-Directed Learning.
How else can I earn PDUs?
PDUs can be claimed for other areas such as, Creating New PM Knowledge, Volunteer Service and even Working as a PM Professional. There are limitations. Please see https://ccrs.pmi.org/ for up-to-date information.
Use the PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org/ to register your PDU’s. Log-in using your PMI credentials and register your PDU's gained under the following categories which E-career’s courses are aligned to:
Education: Category C - Self-Directed Learning (via e-learning) *Restricted to a maximum of 30 PDU’s per 3-year certification cycle)
The PMI’s scheme requirements state that each hour of professional development undertaken is equivalent to one PDU. The activity should also be relevant to the area of expertise covered in the PMP certification.
|Online Course with Exam|
|PRINCE2 Foundation Exam|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above