What is the ITIL® Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO) Training course?
Build a flexible IT service framework that helps meet user and institutional demands using the ITIL® Intermediate PPO disciplines. This course takes IT professionals through the principles behind planning, protection and optimisation as mandated by the ITIL® framework.
The ITIL® framework and all of its component modules is an industry recognised, vendor-neutral framework that is used by business across the world to codify and improve their IT service provision. The ITIL® Intermediate PPO course helps IT professionals limit their focus to the planning, protection and optimisation aspects of each ITIL® concept, ensuring they have the knowledge and skills required without the distraction of other, irrelevant considerations.
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)PeopleCert are global leaders in qualifying professionals in multiple industries. They assess and certify professional skills in partnership with organisations and government bodies including Capita and the UK government. PeopleCert are accredited by AXELOS.
AXELOS is a joint-venture between the UK Government and business giants Capita. AXELOS was created to manage and develop Global Best Practices, being responsible for the management and promotion of globally recognised methodologies including ITIL®, PRINCE2® and MSP®.
PeopleCertPeopleCert are global leaders in qualifying professionals in multiple industries. They assess and certify professional skills in partnership with organisations and government bodies including Capita and the UK government.
AXELOS - Global Best Practice SolutionsAXELOS is a joint-venture between the UK Government and business giants Capita. AXELOS was created to manage and develop Global Best Practices, being responsible for the management and promotion of globally recognised methodologies including ITIL®, PRINCE2® and MSP®.
Who is it for
Is the ITIL® Intermediate PPO online course right for me?
The ITIL® Intermediate PPO course is best suited to IT professionals who:
- Require a deep understanding of the relevant ITIL® processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within a team/organisation – such as the IT Service Manager or Chief Information Officer.
- Are involved in project and service planning and resourcing, such as the IT Operations Manager.
- Have obtained the ITIL® Foundation certificate and want to continue working towards earning the higher-level ITIL® certifications.
What job can I get with an ITIL® Planning, Protection & Optimisation online qualification?
Once you have completed the ITIL® Planning, Protection and Optimisation course, you will be able to work in roles within Change Management, Network Support and Security Management.
Why study with us
Why study the ITIL® PPO online course with e-Careers?
IT professionals who are responsible for building robust, scalable IT service delivery solutions will find the principles outlined in the ITIL® PPO course invaluable. Upon completion of the course, you should:
- Be able to create Planning, Protection and Optimisation frameworks that generate significant benefits for service users.
- Better protect corporate IT delivery systems against problems and outages.
- Design and implement systems to support PPO operations and frameworks.
- Be prepared to sit the ITIL® PPO exams and continue study towards the full ITIL® Intermediate qualification.
- Have an increased field of employment opportunities thanks to the new skills and experience you can offer.
What are the ITIL® Intermediate PPO course modules?
This ITIL® course is made up of four modules:
- Course Introduction
- Planning, Protection & Optimization
- PPO Processes
- Organise & Implement
ITIL® Intermediate Level - Planning, Protection & Optimisation Exams
You will be able to test your progress and knowledge using the self-assessment tools built into the course materials, to check you are ready to take the exams.
What does the ITIL® Intermediate Level - Planning, Protection & Optimisation online course cover?
The ITIL® PPO course takes you through the ITIL® approach to planning, protection and optimisation, demonstrating how to implement them into a modern IT service. After an introduction to how PPO relates to the rest of the ITIL framework, you will be shown:
- How to plan and provide sufficient capacity to support the changing needs of a business.
- How to specify and implement high availability systems to maintain service quality at all times.
- Using IT service continuity principles to maintain quality of service as systems and frameworks transition.
- How to build frameworks and systems that help support demand management.
- Building a PPO team and assigning roles and responsibilities.
- Using technology to support PPO goals and services.
This deep-dive into ITIL® PPO processes is delivered through a combination of instructor-led videos and other course materials. You will also have the opportunity to check your own progress and preparedness for the ITIL® PPO exams using the built-in self-assessment tools that are included as part of the course.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl™ logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.