What is the CIW Advanced HTML and CSS3 training?
CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster)CIW are the world’s largest vendor-neutral IT and web technology education and certification programme. They have become the standard adopted by organisations including Cisco and the U.S National Security Administration. Having trained more than 1 million web professionals, one in every 7,000 people on the planet is CIW certified.
Who is it for
Is the CIW Advanced HTML and CSS3 online course right for me?
The course is designed to turn you into a CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 specialist, but because it teaches intermediate and advanced coding skills, a certain amount of knowledge in basic HTML coding is recommended before starting. It is a natural step from the CIW Site Development Associate course and will appeal to you if you work in:
- Web Design
- Internet Consultancy
- Information Technology
- Graphic Design
The average for a CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS specialist salary currently stands at £51,000*. (Source: CIW)
*Converted from USD
How can I advance my career with the CIW Advanced HTML and CSS3 online course?
This course is ideal for anyone who is involved in the creation or design of webpages and other digital displays. If you are involved in web design, internet consulting, IT, marketing, graphic design or run your own business, then this course is suited to you.
Why study with us
Why study the CIW Advanced HTML and CSS3 specialist certification with e-Careers?
- Become a specialist in the web technologies that form the foundations of the internet.
- Design web pages that easily adapt to display on smartphones, tablets and gaming devices – in addition to desktops of laptops.
- Guided labs provide opportunities for you to practice new skills.
- Live chat tutor support available.
What are the CIW HTML and CSS course modules and will I have to take exams?
- HTML5 Essentials
- Using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Technology
- Introduction to CSS Version 3 (CSS3)
- Using Advanced CSS3 Techniques
- Using HTML5 APIs
- Developing HTML5 Forms
- Completing, Submitting and Validating User Input Forms
- Designing for Mobile Devices
The CIW HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist exam (1D0-620) lasts for 75 minutes and contains 55 questions testing your knowledge of the content in the study modules – and their ability to apply it.
To pass the exam, you will need to achieve a score of 72.73%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills in this discipline.
What does the CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 online course cover?
- Demonstrate advanced uses of the canvas element
- Validate HTML5 code
- Identify ways to determine browser compatibility for a page or device
- Implement HTML5 forms
- Use CSS3 to shape content on the page
- Design for mobile devices
- Implement HTML5 APIs
- Design pages for a cloud-based storefront.